Here are some more pics of the baby socks.
Here’s my first (successful) attempt at socks.
Started: Jan 16, 2012
Completed: Jan 20, 2012
Yarn: I used some Joann’s yarn. In the end I didn’t like the feel of it, and resolved not to knit with cheap yarn any more. (I seem to have to keep making that resolution, though. Cheap yarn is so, well, cheap!)
Needles: US size 2
Toe: I started trying to use Wendy’s toe up sock pattern which uses short rows for the toes, but it was too complicated at first. So for these socks I used Judy’s magic cast on for the toe. In the end I wasn’t entirely happy with the way it looked so as you’ll see I tried short rows again on later socks.
Heel: For the heel I went back to Wendy’s toe up sock pattern, but I was still having trouble. A quick google search lead me to the short row tutorial at cosmicpluto knits, from which I was finally successful. I was so excited that I finally got something that looked like a heel!
Ribbing: The top ribbing is K2P2. I forget which cast off I used.